Thursday, August 20, 2009

Reduce Calories and Reduce Unnecessary Time Spent Working Out

If you reduce calories consumed you can get the same fat loss results with less time spent exercising. Eating 2,000 calories more per week than you need and then doing cardio 5 times per week to burn those 2,000 calories leads you to a net fat loss of nothing. A lot of people ask me how many times per week they should workout. My answer is that it depends upon how many excess calories per week they plan on eating. I enjoy exercise, but it is just a small part of my life. I used to train 4-5 times per week, but now I am more likely to get in 3 sessions per week. The key is that I have reduced calories to get just as good of results with less visits to my gym.

Basically by eating less and staying somewhat active each day, you can reduce the amount of time you spend working out each week. It sounds simple, however most people tend to eat too many calories and simply burn those off when they go to the gym.

This is also partially attributed to people eating the post workout shake as well. Most people don't need to consume a drink after the completion of their workout since they are already overeating to begin with. I see many people at the gym who have been training for months or even years and look the same or in some cases worse.

The bottom line is if fat loss is your goal real progress can be made with a reduction in calories consumed. There is no need to become a gym rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment